Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
21 July 2021
A full-time position is available at a client site in the Cape Town CBD.
We are currently looking for an experienced Microsoft Desktop Support Technician to join our team. The successful candidate must ideally have worked within the FinTech industry to understand and implement workable processes to the benefit all areas of the business.
The candidate will be responsible for the operation & support of the Office 365 & Sharepoint systems. The ideal candidate for this role must have good people and technical skills, good problem-solving skills, energy, solid work ethic and resilience to see things through to completion. Effective communication and interpersonal skills will help them succeed.
- 5+ years’ proven work experience as Technical Support Specialist or similar role
- Microsoft Certification of competency in supporting Office 365, Active Directory with Azure AD and Exchange Online
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Code 8 driver’s license
- Clear credit/criminal record
- The ability to confidently make decisions that fall within the scope of the role.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Analytical, paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to convert verbal instructions into measurable tasks for completion
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires adaptability and flexibility.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours to meet operational requirements.
- The ability to demonstrate the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Display a high degree of professionalism.
- Act as subject matter expert on all things related to Windows Desktops, Office 365, Sharepoint Online, Active Directory with Azure AD.
- Have working knowledge of other desktops, ie Apple and Linux
- To provide support with regards to Technical Support, Incident Management, Change Control, Escalation and Maintenance Upgrades.
- To assist with rolling out new Microsoft systems, maintaining, upgrading, replacing, and improving the long-term performance of the existing systems.
- To deliver value added services to clients through effective business environment analysis and enabling clients to leverage the benefits of IT in their operations.
- To efficiently log all incidents and service requests received via messaging, email and/or telephone (Redmine)
- To assess, prioritize and complete initial investigations for all queries & service requests logged via the inhouse incident management system (Redmine)
- Designing solutions for customers from existing templates and solutions sets.
- Providing technical assistance for implementations.
- Problem management by identifying root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifying opportunities for developing new projects, processes, or templates.
- Creating and maintaining accurate documentation and tooling.
- To be accountable for service requests from inception to completion, working according to strict guidelines and against tight time constraints.
- To maintain up to date product and technical knowledge as and when required as well as documenting and sharing knowledge.
- Conduct periodic system access reviews and audits.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures, quality control and security protocols and processes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company products and services, stay updated with latest industry developments and trends.